If You Paid Overdraft Fees to Comerica Bank,
You May Be Eligible for a Payment from a Class Action Settlement 1.
The purpose of this website is to inform you about a proposed Settlement of this class action lawsuit and about all of your options before the Court decides whether to give Final Approval to the Settlement. This website explains the lawsuit, the Settlement, your legal rights, what benefits are available, who may be eligible for those benefits, and how to get them. Current and former customers of Comerica Bank may be included.
A $14,580,000 Settlement has been reached in a class action lawsuit about the order in which Comerica Bank posted Debit Card Transactions to consumer deposit accounts, and the effect the posting order had on the number of Overdraft Fees the bank charged its account holders. Comerica maintains there was nothing wrong about the posting process it used. The Court has not decided which side is right.
You are a member of the Settlement Class if you were a holder of a Comerica Bank Account who, during the Class Period applicable to the state in which the Account was opened, incurred one or more Overdraft Fees as a result of Comerica Bank’s posting process.
The Class Periods by state are:
- For Settlement Class Members who opened accounts in Arizona, the period from February 18, 2004 through August 15, 2010.
- For Settlement Class Members who opened accounts in California, the period from February 18, 2006 through August 15, 2010.
- For Settlement Class Members who opened accounts in Florida, the period from February 18, 2005 through August 15, 2010.
- For Settlement Class Members who opened accounts in Michigan, the period from February 18, 2004 through August 15, 2010.
- For Settlement Class Members who opened accounts in Texas, the period from February 18, 2006 through August 15, 2010.
To be included in the Class, you must have had two or more Overdraft Fees caused by debits posted to your account on a single day during the time period listed above.
Excluded from the Class are all current Comerica Bank employees, officers and directors, and the judge presiding over this Action.
Settlement Class Members who are entitled to payments have received their payments, either by check or by Account credit, after the Court granted Final Approval to the Settlement and after any appeals were resolved. Please be patient. Settlement Class Members receiving payments do not need to do anything to receive their payment or Account Credit.
If you would like further information about the claims asserted in this case, you can review a copy of the Settlement Agreement here.
1 All capitalized terms herein have the same meanings as the defined terms in the Settlement Agreement, a copy of which may be found on this website.